You need to find a way to implement point of sale marketing with your on-hold message, you have a captive audience and you want to utilize that by making the most of your on hold messaging.
Point of sale marketing (POS) – we’ve all likely heard the term but do you, as a business owner, truly understand the concept? If you do, are you fully utilizing its principles?
If you own a retail – or physical location – for your business, point of sale marketing can be implemented in any number of ways. Store owners can place point of sale displays at the cash register but truly, point of sale is anywhere that the customer goes to pay for items or services and anywhere they go to get information about what you have to offer. Your point of sale entry point could be the front door, the internet or across the boardroom table.
- Introduce new products to customers in an cost effective way
- Increase traffic to your website
- Entice your existing customers to ask about new products and services
- Build a professional image while at the same time educating your customers
- Take advantage of the time your customers are on hold
- Spread the word in a non-intrusive way about who you are and what you do. If your customers are going to be on hold, make it a productive time rather than leaving them to hold in silence or listen to a message – or music – that is not your own.
- Up sell products or services to your customers
- QR Codes Can Help Market Your Business Feb 13, 2012
- 3 tips on using Google Places – it’s the NEW Yellow Pages! Jan 26, 2012
- 7 Ways to Improve Calls To Action Jul 03, 2012
Comments are closed.