Many people in the network marketing industry rely on working off the Internet in their local and warm market or following old school recruiting techniques like calling mlm phone leads.
Many are reluctant to use those techniques. Many have had disappointing results. Therefore, an increasing number of network marketers are looking for online ways to generate mlm leads.
The basic way to generate leads on the Internet is to put up a website or landing page, drive traffic to it, and get a percentage of visitors to opt in by filling out a form asking for their contact information. Increasing web site traffic is a major topic in itself and is covered in a separate article. The other key part of lead generation is raising the percentage of visitors who opt in when you get them to your site. This is called conversion.
These are the nine major strategies we teach our team members to get higher conversion at their website or landing page. Top results with conversion begin with proper website design. The sole purpose of the web site is to do just one thing and do it efficiently…get the maximum percentage of traffic to opt in.
1. Your page should be a clean layout, be fast loading, simple to read, and deliver the information the visitor is expecting to see.
2. Avoid links going to other pages. Avoid using flashing images and other distractions.
3. Like in all other advertising, you still must use compelling headlines and body copy. If you don’t capture their attention, you will not get them to opt in.
4. Make it simple and clear what they need to do. As an example, direct them to enter their first name and email address in the box below.
5. Make it clear what the prospect will get for opting in. People are increasingly hesitant about giving out their personal information. Make it clear you have what they want.
6. Avoid asking for unnecessary information on the opt in form. The less information you request, the higher your conversion rate will usually be.
7. Offer a bonus to get more optins.
8. Maintain and display a clear No-spam policy.
9. Always test different versions of your website or landing page. Keep looking for what gets the highest results.
Increasing the percentage of visitors who do opt in may be more critical than driving more traffic to your website or landing page. Follow these tips to improve conversion on your website or landing page and you can generate more mlm leads.
by: Joe Barclay