Messages on hold are more than just a way to prevent callers from hanging up while they’re on hold.
Your on hold messaging services can help callers make better buying decisions. After all, 16% of callers make purchases based on something they heard while on hold. That’s 1 out of every 6 callers! Go ahead… count your calls. One… two… three… four… five… BAM! That last caller heard something on hold that will affect a buying decision.
What? You don’t HAVE a marketing message on hold? Worse yet… you have satellite radio or just music playing while callers wait on hold? Why? Do you like wasting time? Does the latest song from Bruno Mars inform callers about what you do, who you are, or how much they can save by spending money with you instead of your competition?
Do you tell your sales staff to ignore customers while they’re in your store? Well, that’s exactly what you’re doing if you don’t have effective, brand enhancing on hold messaging services.
If you need more proof, here’s 5 reasons you should use professional on hold messaging services:
1. Placing callers on hold is a necessary part of doing business. The fact is, most businesses report 70% of all calls are placed on hold. This means you will put someone on hold.
2. Eight out of ten first time callers will hang up if they hear only music or “dead air.” 1/3 of these callers won’t bother calling back. Why? Because they feel like they’re being ignored! They feel that it’s easier to call your competitors than to be ignored when they call you.
3. The only thing certain in life, is change. Keeping callers up-to-date is what on hold messaging is all about. All successful businesses stay current with the latest products, technologies and services. For best results, your message on hold should change at least as often as your other advertising. AAA Phone On Hold messaging works in synergy with your print, radio, web and TV ads.
4. Your customers don’t know everything about your business. You may think your customers have a good idea of what it is you can do for them. But, the reality is they only know a fraction of how important your products or services can benefit them. When someone calls your business, they want information. On hold messaging services can help your callers get the information they need and want.
5. In 2012, consumers spent $25 billion on purchases made from phones and tablets. $25 BILLION!! That’s an increase of 81 percent from the previous year. To put it in perspective, that’s nearly $80 each for every man, woman and child in the USA. Click here to read more about it in The New York Times.
So, the bottom line is that professional on hold messaging services (like AAA Phone On Hold) can increase your bottom line.