3 Tips for Successful Ad Campaigns

Oct 15, 2011 bruce Blog No Comments
chart

Most business owners do not explore new marketing strategies until they experience a sharp decline in their revenue. Advertising campaigns are not evergreen. They evolve and grow, improve and degenerate.

Most work at home, or small business owners shell out a substantial amount of money for a good ad campaign and then let it run dry. The first strategy for success is found in the way you view the advertising campaign’s purpose. A good advertising campaign needs to do three things, said a maths tutor who also knew much about web design and Microsoft Excel training.

First, it needs to collect data on the market. Who is buying. What is hot, and what is not.

Second, it needs to collect vital information about the people who make a purchase from your website. This can be compiled into a profile that helps you determine how to best reach your target market. It is a market research tool that helps determine what types of advertising works, at what times of the year. For example, online shopping increases dramatically just before Christmas, but only if the payment gateway is fast and easy to use. However, if the user must leave the website to use the payment gateway, like PayPal.com uses, then the statistics do not change. However, the payment gateway does not effect sales in the summer.

Third, you’ll notice that no aspect of an advertising campaign is to sell the product – that is your website’s job. A successful marketing campaign manager never measure’s an advertising campaign’s success based on sales. Large corporations will tell you that a successful advertising campaign may run for months before the results appear on the income statement. This is true, but there needs to be balance. It’s a good idea to keep 80% of the marketing budget in the tried and true marketing methods (such as on hold messaging). The other 20% of the marketing budget is free for exploration of new advertising mediums.

Remember that your  messages on hold should contain much of the same information that’s on your other advertising. This helps create synergy in your marketing.

Comments are closed.


Recent Posts

Contact Us

Name (Required)

Email (Required)

Subject

Your Message

Enter the Code Below
captcha